Where the Elite meet to greet and tweet!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Two Kinds of People

Now, I like to think myself complex... you know more than meets the eye. I like to think I have a wide view of the world. The biggest insult anyone could ever give me would be to say that I was narrow minded or ignorant. However, there are some things that people either ARE or ARE NOT. Most of the world's issues are a shade of grey, but these things fit into a nice neat little box.

You Either Are A:

Wadder or Folder... this applies to just about any type of paper. Toilet, towels, Kleenex, notebook. I'm a wadder, husband's a folder.

Liberal or Conservative... I don't buy this moderate bullshit... anytime I hear someone say they are a moderate, they either don't know what they are or are a Republican trying to act like they have a clue... that is to say a Democrat. I'm a liberal, husband is still in the closet.

Worker or Slacker... there is nothing that irritates a worker more than a slacker and nothing that is more of a buzz kill to a slacker than a worker. Both the husband and I are workers... that is to say we could use a little more fun in our lives. This is why God gave us children... we're busy trying to take the slack out of them.

Clean Automobiler or Minivanner... This is not to say that someone who is a clean automobiler cannot have a minivan or a minivanner has to drive a van. A minivanner is someone who uses their car to LIVE - which includes having enough goldfish, old french fries, chicken nuggets and partially drank bottles of water on the floor of their car to survive if they become stuck in a blizzard. A clean automobiler is some who who carries baby wipes in their glove box and expects you to "touch up" before exiting the vehicle. I'm a minivanner, husband's a clean automobiler.

Emailer or Caveman... Some of you may not know this, because if you actually read blogs you are probably an emailer... but there are people who do not like to communicate via email. I know, SHOCKING. What's worse, when they do email you they do not understand the subtle act of having an email personality and continually offend you. My boss will send me one word emails that say, "print", "ok", "forward" or "calendar". I mean, would a "please" or "thank you" or a minor explanation kill him? It's not like I'm expecting an emoticon or anything. I am, as you have guessed, an emailer. Husband is a Caveman whose favorite past time is responding to my very information and helpful emails with "What?"

Reader or Watcher... Seriously, the other day I saw a study (which I READ) that said 54% of Americans don't read books because they would rather watch tv or movies. Well, that explains a hell of lot. I'm a reader... Husband's a watcher, although in his defense he does try to read, he just does it really slow or sticks with magazines. And he does know WAY more about music than I do - so actually, maybe he's a listener... just not to me.

No comments: