Where the Elite meet to greet and tweet!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mecca

In my previous post, Things I Hate, I noted stupid people. Particularly, stupid people who somehow interact with me... either by talking, driving or invading my TV. You would think that if I were serious about avoiding stupid people I would avoid, at all costs, SPM - Stupid People Mecca... If you've never been to SPM, then you are the only living person in the United States that has never been to Wal-Mart. I think I shop at Wal-Mart to punish myself for past sins... but that's another post.

Today, on my lunch hour I went to SPM to buy my daughter's birthday presents. Her birthday is this week and I was pretty sure that everything on her 7 year old list was contained on some aisle at SPM. Let me set the scene... I'm having a GREAT day. I'm in a good mood, its the first day this fall that the weather has a cool breeze, kids were happy when they hopped out of the van this morning, I made it to work on time and I'm having a 'I think I look good day'. I get a good parking space, pick up a cart and head for the toy aisle. Sure enough... jackpot... Aqua Dots Play Set, check... Electronic Keyboard, check... the MUCH desired and heavily advertised Blendy Pens, check... The Disney Princess CD Player, check. God, my life is FABULOUS! I head over to the CD section to pick up High School Musical 2, The Cheetah Girls and Hannah Montana/Meet Miley Cyrus for the above mentioned CD player. I have all three CDs in my hand and am about to drop them into the cart when... STUPID PERSON ENGAGES ME. This chick, who I assume works at SPM's hair salon because of the smock she is wearing, stops at my cart and asks... swear to God... if the Disney Princess CD Player is a CROCK POT. Yes, a crock pot... you know one of those things housewives use to cook an otherwise desirable piece of meat into an oblivion and then pass off as stew?

AS IF!
a) I would purchase a crock pot and
b) if I did, I would by a pink one.

I could not make this shit up. Oh but wait, wait... it gets worse. After I explain to her that nooooo, it is NOT a pink crock pot sporting Belle, Jasmine, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty... the bitch looks at me... Me, who is wearing 3 inch heels, a skirt above my knee caps, make-up and freshly colored hair in a pony tail, and then says....

"Whoooooo Weeeeeee.... Your, little grandbaby is sure gonna love that!"

I don't fancy myself a MILF, but a Grandma?.......... DAMN!

No comments: